Sunday, September 26, 2010

Broncos vs Seattle Sea Hawks

Wow, 24 days since I entered something on my blog. Where DOES the time go?

Had a fantastic time last weekend with my friend Cheryl who I have known over 30 years. She lives across the state in Grand Junction, and unfortunately we don't get together as often as we'd like. Cheryl and Jim have season tickets for the Bronco games, and I was invited to go with her to see the Broncos play the Seattle Sea Hawks last Sunday. We stayed at the Sheraton on the west side of Denver and were able to hop on a bus across from the hotel that drove us right to the front gate of Mile High Stadium. (I will NEVER get use to calling it Invesco Field. Totally dumb name!)

Anyway, I guess I had forgotten the amazing excitement and energy that can overcome you when you become part of a crowd of 75,000 individuals all cheering on the home team. And there is SO much more to see when you're in the stadium. I can get very bored watching the game at home with all those ridiculous commercials and half-time commentators who just love to hear the sound of their own voices. Personally, I'd rather be watching the half-time show than listening to them recap every play of the game!

It was an extraordinary weekend with a forever friend. And, naturally, it's always a plus when you walk away the winner!


"When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares."  Henri Nouwen







No comments: